Friday, June 19, 2009

Sleeping In

At night while laying in my bed
I think about the day ahead,
And plan each thing I have to do
Before the coming day is through.
I set my clock to sound at eight
Sleep comes quickly and it feels great.
And in the night I often dream
Then sleep right through the first sun-beam.
And then my alarm clock will sing;
I hate to hear that sudden ring
And so it seems, I turn it off
Without a blink, or pause, or cough.
And when I finally awake
I catch my breath with sharp intake.
I’ve stayed in bed till half past ten,
It seems I’ve done it once again.
I think of last night’s to-do list
And items that I’ll have to miss,
A schedule can be hard to keep
When you spend all your time asleep.

2 comments:

Jacob Ross said...

I like the flow, especially with the changes. It rhymes, it doesn't sound stilted, and it comes from that important place within. It's a good piece. :)

Catherine said...

hey, I like this one!!! that rhyme scheme is my favorite type :D